[sust-mar] Program Coordinator, full-time, The Gaia Project, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Aug 30 18:34:23 EDT 2022

* Work for climate action, sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

YOUTH CLIMATE ACTION
https://GoodWork.ca/Climate
https://GoodWork.ca/955556

Position: Program Coordinator / Coordonnateur ou Coordonnatrice de programmes
Location: hybrid / candidates must be living in New Brunswick as they will travel to schools across New Brunswick

The Gaia Project is a provincial educational non-profit with the mission to empower youth to take action on climate change. The organization is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to work with grade 6 to 12 students in schools across New Brunswick.

The Gaia Project works directly with teachers in schools across the province to offer authentic learning experiences to students focusing on topics such as waste, energy, water, food and transportation. The successful applicant will travel and will be able to work remotely at times with a flexible schedule facilitating educational projects with multiple schools across the province. This position will activate and encourage positive environmental actions and experience working with students and teachers.

Why join The Gaia Project team?
• Flexible working schedule
• Young and energetic staff team
• Cooperative atmosphere
• Option to work remotely at times
• Group benefits plan available
• Competitive wages

Requirements
• High fluency in reading, writing and speaking of English language.
• Bilingual applicants will be prioritized.
• A degree or diploma in a field related to the position is desirable (i.e. education, environmental, technology, science).
• The applicant must be comfortable with middle and high school level students and subject material.
• A valid class 5 driver's license is required for this position since the successful candidate will have to occasionally travel across the province.
• Vulnerable Sector Check required.
• The applicant must be comfortable speaking in front of groups as teaching is an integral part of this position.
• Ability to work in a team is essential. The successful candidate will be collaborating with other team members.
• Must bring passion and creativity to their work.
• Must remain adaptive to change.

Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour

Benefits:
• Casual dress
• Commuter benefits
• Company events
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Flexible schedule
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision care
• Work from home

Schedule:
• 8 hour shift

COVID-19 considerations:
We will be delivering our educational programs to schools across New Brunswick based on regional regulations during the 2022-23 school year.

Application question(s):
• For this job, will you be able to reliably commute between your residence and one of our two offices [Fredericton, NB E3B 3W8] OR [Moncton, NB E1C 1W1]

Education:
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred)

Language:
• French (preferred)
• English (required)

To apply, please email your resume and a brief covering letter to contact at thegaiaproject.ca .

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/955556

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/955556

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca