[sust-mar] Engagement/ Volunteer Coordinator, full-time, Island Nature Trust, Charlottetown

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Feb 3 20:03:07 EST 2022

* Work in environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Work in Nature, Environment, Conservation
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/986726

Position: Engagement Coordinator
Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Island Nature Trust is Prince Edward Island’s oldest private charitable land trust, protecting natural lands and waters for wildlife and people in perpetuity.

We are a membership-based organization directed by a volunteer board and supported by a small contingent of dedicated staff. There is currently an opportunity to join our team as a public Engagement Coordinator.

About the Position

Reporting to the Director of Conservation, the Engagement Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of volunteer support programs and other public engagement activities.

The participation of volunteers in conservation is a key pillar in the work of Island Nature Trust. The Engagement Coordinator will work as part of a dedicated and passionate team to support and resource our volunteers, adding value to their experience with INT and making them feel like a part of the INT team. In addition, broader engagement with Islanders may follow as part of relationship-building.

Responsibilities & Duties:

Under the direction of the Director of Conservation and with assistance from the species-at-risk and land stewardship teams, the Engagement Coordinator will coordinate:
• Recruitment, resourcing, and retention of volunteers in our Conservation and Beach Guardian programs. This includes working with program staff to develop and organize training and appreciation events, as well as providing regular support and communication for Guardians
• Developing and delivering INT’s Passport to Nature series

Requirements:

Education
• Essential: Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
• Desirable: Post-secondary training or equivalent work and/or volunteer experience in one of the following: communications, outdoor leadership, ecology, wildlife biology, public engagement

Experience
• Essential: A minimum of one year’s experience in public engagement, communications, or conservation. Equivalencies may be considered.
• Desirable: Prior experience coordinating volunteers and/or engagement organizing

Skills
• Essential: Organized and methodical approach to working – manages time effectively, works to deadlines and is adaptable to modified work plans
• Essential: Ability to work independently, seek assistance and input as required, and to work in interdisciplinary teams
• Essential: Excellent public speaking skills, comfortable in speaking with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences
• Essential: Strong written communication skills and an ability to organize and present information clearly
• Essential: Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office programs particularly Word and Excel and use of the internet, email, social media, and databases
• Desirable: Creative and innovative

Knowledge
• Desirable: Knowledge of PEI’s natural landscapes, habitats, natural communities, and species
• Desirable: Knowledge of engagement organizing strategies
• Desirable: Knowledge of graphics and communications-related software tools

Personal Attributes
• Essential: Friendly and positive personality, team player
• Desirable: Passion and dedication for environmental conservation and education
• Desirable: Enjoy being active outdoors (hobbies like hiking, kayaking, or geocaching)

Terms of Employment:
• This position is offered as a full-time contract (37.5 hours/week) starting as soon as possible
• The position is based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island but will require occasionally working with INT staff and volunteers at locations elsewhere in the province
• Starting salary is $18/hour
• Benefits include optional health/dental plan, paid holidays plus an additional two weeks paid vacation
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are a requirement
• Must be a Canadian citizen or able to legally work in Canada

How to Apply:

The closing date to apply is February 18, 2022, by 5 p.m. AST
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and name and contact details for 3 references to:

Jordan Smith, Administrative Assistant
Island Nature Trust
P.O. Box 265 Charlottetown, PE C1A 7K4

Email: admin at islandnaturetrust.ca
By hand: 112 Longworth Avenue, Charlottetown, PE

Incomplete applications will not be considered. While we will only be contacting those candidates selected for an interview, we do greatly appreciate your interest in the work of Island Nature Trust.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/986726

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/986726

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca