[sust-mar] Project Managers, full-time, Net Zero Atlantic, Nova Scotia...

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Mar 9 14:51:18 EST 2022

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

ATLANTIC CANADA
https://GoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://GoodWork.ca/943336

Positions: Project Manager (2 positions)
Location: flexible work arrangements – option to work from home; work in the office; or a combination of both

At Net Zero Atlantic, we're helping Atlantic Canada move toward a more sustainable energy future by producing credible and objective data to inform sound energy policies and decisions. Our focus is on coordinating research and projects that will help to decarbonize our region’s economy, mitigating climate change impacts and moving Atlantic Canada toward net-zero emissions by 2050. Our clients include government and industry representatives who need complete and reliable information to guide thinking and action.

We are changing the way energy research is delivered. We’re in the business of facilitating collaborative, made-to-order research projects that resolve key energy-related questions. We are growing fast and are looking to add to our team. Currently we are seeking two fulltime Project Managers.

Our Opportunity:

In this role, you will have an impact on Nova Scotia’s transition to a low-carbon future by managing and facilitating research programs. You will be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of projects in our renewable energy and cleantech research portfolios, with an interest in geothermal energy and wind. You will encourage innovation and build energy sector knowledge regionally to address current and emerging challenges and opportunities.

In this position, you will be responsible for:
• Defining scopes of work; tracking schedules, budgets, payments and deliverables.
• Ensuring superior communication and collaboration amongst project partners, collaborators, participants, funders and stakeholders.
• Performing critical path analysis and develop action plans to mitigate risks.
• Reporting on progress and financials as required.
• Supporting research related communications initiatives.
• Writing and reviewing proposals, funding and grant applications.
• Creating requests for proposals.
• Supporting activities that further Net Zero Atlantic’s mandate.

Your qualifications include:
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in environmental or geological sciences, engineering or renewable/clean energy technology.
• A minimum of 5+ years project management experience preferably in research, community outreach or energy related projects.
• Demonstrated expertise at maintaining financial controls, contract management, risk management and project reporting.
• Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate. Outgoing, at ease with people.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Independent worker, well organized, self starter.

Assets (but not required):
• Experience in collaborating with First Nations or equity deserving groups.
• Community engagement capabilities.
• Familiarity with Atlantic Canadian energy and climate change policy goals, objectives and programs.
• Project management qualification (PMP).
• Experience with project management software tools and project tracking spreadsheets.

If interested in this employment opportunity, please respond with a resume and cover letter in one PDF document by Friday, April 8th, 2022. We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

Net Zero Atlantic is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying at LGBTQ2SI, and people with disabilities. This opportunity is restricted to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or person who have been granted Refugee status in Canada.

Please note, to be considered for a career opportunity at Net Zero Atlantic you must have received the full series of Covid-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada and provide proof of immunization. You will also be required to receive any Covid-19 boosters recommended by Health Canada.

Please apply to:

Nalani Perry, Operations Manager (she/her)

careers at netzeroatlantic.ca

https://GoodWork.ca/Atlantic
https://GoodWork.ca/943336

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/943336

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca