[sust-mar] Director, Quality of Life Initiative, full-time, Engage Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Sep 20 13:09:19 EDT 2022

* Work in social & environmental sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

QUALITY OF LIFE | WELL-BEING
https://GoodWork.ca/NovaScotia
https://GoodWork.ca/962756

Job Title: Director, Quality of Life Initiative
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Start Date: Late October or early November, 2022
Type of Position: Full-time, permanent

About Engage Nova Scotia

Engage Nova Scotia is an independent non-profit organization formed in 2012 through the efforts of committed volunteers. Our vision is a more vibrant, inclusive, equitable, and resilient province. We are a close-knit team that works collaboratively with the community, business, government, and academic sectors, and we aspire to centre wellbeing as a measure of success and progress that guides us all.

About the Opportunity

Engage Nova Scotia is seeking a capable and experienced leader to ensure the success of the Nova Scotia Quality of Life Initiative (NS QoL Initiative). The successful applicant will work closely with, and report to, the Chief Engagement Officer and Executive Lead – People and Impact. The NS QoL Initiative is an ambitious undertaking that calls for creativity, tenacity, and innovation to realize its potential.

About the NS Quality of Life Initiative

Traditionally, much of the information used to make decisions that affect our daily lives have been based on economic data. Those data are not wrong – they are just incomplete. Through the NS QoL Initiative, we equip governments, organizations, businesses, researchers, and community leaders with information, insights, and tools to address complex challenges, invest in what matters most, and improve the wellbeing of Nova Scotia residents.

The NS QoL Initiative began with us getting curious about a question: What if there is a better way to measure how we’re doing? In 2019, we undertook the first NS QoL Survey. 13,000 respondents told us how they were doing across 230 questions – making this the single largest data set on quality of life in North America. The survey explores conventional topics like access to education, satisfaction with health care services, and job satisfaction. It also considers less commonly surveyed areas like loneliness, work-life balance, and time use.

Since the release of the summary results in 2020, we have been striving to get them into the hands of as many people as possible through reports and presentations as well as creative and innovative tools. The Wellbeing Mapping Tool enables users to map and graph survey results at provincial, regional, and neighbourhood scales. Our new and pioneering Wellbeing Analysis Tool produces customized analysis for specific demographic profiles, as well as novel insights about high-priority challenges facing Nova Scotia residents.

Responsibilities:
• Raise awareness of the Initiative with partners in the public, private, academic, and community sectors.
• Animate and build-out the potential of existing mapping and analysis tools with current and future partners. This includes, but is not limited to, leading workshop designs and presentations.
• Manage strategic relationships tied to the Initiative throughout the province, and across all sectors and levels of government (especially provincial government departments).
• Develop strategic opportunities related to expanding the Initiative in Nova Scotia and beyond.
• Ensure the Engage team remains informed about the latest research and findings in the wellbeing and quality of life field.
• Lead the preparation for the 2024 survey.

Ideal Experience and Skills
• An informed perspective about the intersecting topics that affect the wellbeing of members of society.
• An ability to lead complex projects involving many stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to navigate relationships with confidence and dynamism.
• Familiarity with the structure and processes of the public service at all levels of government.
• Familiarity with the needs of the community sector.
• An interest in academic work connected to wellbeing and quality of life.
• Familiarity with research involving quantitative data and the use of data visualization and analysis technology
• Understanding of public policy, social innovation, and systems change fields
• Self-starting
• Open-minded and able to navigate ambiguous strategic environments
• An ability to persuasively articulate Engage Nova Scotia’s vision, mission and approach.

Working With Us

The successful applicant will work with the Engage team in a warm, high-functioning, respectful environment — often out of our office located in Halifax, but with travel throughout the province and the ability to work from home. This role is full-time, Monday to Friday, with general hours of work from 9am-5pm and flexibility based on partners’ availability for meetings and project needs.

Salary in the range of $68,000 to $80,000, depending on your level of experience. Health, dental and related benefit package provided. Additional personal wellness benefit and professional development allowance provided. Paid vacation and time off during December holiday.

Applying for this Position

Please send your cover letter and resume in one document, highlighting your education, skills, experience, and interest to Matthew Knezacek, Office Manager and Bookkeeper: admin at engagenovascotia.ca .

Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.

If you have questions about the opportunity, please email Danny Graham, Chief Engagement Officer: dgraham at engagenovascotia.ca

Engage Nova Scotia encourages applications from 2SLGBTQIA+ folks, people with disabilities, Mi’kmaw and Indigenous peoples, African Nova Scotians, and people from all racialized communities.

Apply by: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 5pm

Please note that while we appreciate all interest and applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/962756

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#QualityofLife
#Wellbeing #Happiness
#SustainableDevelopmentGoals #SDGs
#GenuineProgressIndicator
#WorkLifeBalance
#Standardofliving

Quality of life, wellbeing, happiness
https://google.com/search?q=quality+of+life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Quality_of_life

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/962756

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca