[e-drive][JOB: ONLINE ANIMATOR, TORONTO]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Mon Dec 10 11:36:05 EST 2001

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

Community Arts Ontario is seeking an energetic
ONLINE  ANIMATOR

 Community Arts Ontario (CAO) is a non-profit, multi disciplinary arts
network representing a diversified membership of over 120 community and arts
agencies across the province. CAO invites applications for the contract
position of an Online Animator.

Community Arts Ontario created an interactive website launched in Spring
2001. We are looking for a candidate that can develop artsONline.ca as a
destination site for community arts activities in Canada.

Responsibilities include:
1)      Content development
The Online Animator will be responsible for maintaining the posting areas of
the site: News, Events and Opportunities and for inputting relevant content
provided by our stakeholders and sector-related organizations and artists.

2)      Researching new partnerships with sector programs:
-         Developing new partnerships with other sectors such as tourism,
education, social services, labour, youth, employment and immigration,
economic development and municipalities
-         Research community arts practices and activity locally, nationally
and internationally

3)      Training to stakeholders
Outreach to our membership is an important feature to the services and
programs CAO offers its membership.  The candidate will be presenting five
regional workshops across the province on the how to’s of using the site and
its benefits.

The ideal applicant should have previous experience or an academic
background in liberal arts and some website development.  Be organized,
motivated and have the ability to handle multi-tasks. Include some knowledge
of various web programs, HTML and Microsoft-based software in addition to
having excellent communication skills and the ability to write/edit text for
clear and accessible language. Working in a team environment is essential
and an appreciation of the arts is an asset.

The candidate must have been on Unemployment Insurance for the past 3 months
and or in the past 3 years. This position is 2 days a week at $15 an hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by December 19, 2001 to:

Rani Glick, Executive Director
Community Arts Ontario
401 Richmond St. Suite 441
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3A8