[e-drive][TODAY: CALL FOR ASSISTANCE: VANCOUVER]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Wed Jan 16 09:11:03 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

PAL Vancouver has some great news...

We're officially a Chapter of PAL Canada!
(If you don't know about PAL Vancouver see the asterisk below)

Things are moving along at a very speedy rate. We're starting to
scout possible sites for Your Future Home. But our first order of
business is doing a Needs Assessment, a survey which will
determine who our Performing Arts Community is and what their needs are,
now and in the years ahead.

This is where we need your help.
We have about 13,000 envelopes to stuff this Wednesday!!!

So we're having a...

Marathon Stuffing Session
10am - 9pm
Vancouver Film School
Rm #704 - 198 W Hastings
(s.e. corner of Hastings and Cambie)

Please call Bob Sibson to sign up 604-683-7423

If you have any time to spare, we'd sure appreciate it...yes that was
thirteen thousand envelopes! Please pass this on to anyone else
you know who'd be interested in helping out.

Thanks,

Lesley Ewen
on behalf of
Steering Committee
PAL Vancouver

*
PAL Vancouver stands for "Performing Arts Lodges of Vancouver".
We are one of 3 official Chapters of PAL Canada, the others being
Stratford and Toronto.  More are in the works.

PAL also stands for affordable housing for members of Vancouver's
Performing Arts Community...Actors, Writers, Directors, Musicians,
Carpenters, Painters, Camera Operators, Dancers,
Choreographers, Stage Managers etc. Although PAL's primary focus is
providing fair rental
housing for our Senior members and those who find themselves in
need, PAL Vancouver's residents will span a spectrum of ages and
disciplines.

Our goal is to build a building with approximately 140 suites,
laundry facilities, rehearsal space, a flexible performance space, a
library,
a cafe/bar/gallery, gardens and more.

As well as a place to live down the road, PAL is currently offering
"Supporting Cast." Whether it's a drive to an audition, picking up
prescriptions or someone to talk to, "Supporting Cast"  lends a
hand to our elders and those in need in our community.

To become a member of PAL Vancouver (or to help out on one of
our many the committees) go to www.palvancouver.org.  Your $20
membership fee will go directly to making this marvelous dream a reality.

For more information on PAL Canada...www.palcanada.org