[e-drive][WORKSHOP: EQUITY DISCOUNT, VANCOUVER]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Mon Jul 8 16:25:02 EDT 2002

~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~

Yoga for Actors Workshop (Vancouver)
instructor Tara Cheyenne

July 29th- Aug. 2nd
10am-12pm or 4pm-5:30pm (time or times will be decided based on
participants)

Location: Momentum Studio 1762 W.8th Ave. (Off Broadway)

**discounted fee for Equity Members

Workshop description:

This workshop would happen over 5 days and serve as an introduction to
the practice of Yoga and its benefits to the performer. During the
workshop participants will learn the basics of asana (posture) practice,
alignment, pranayama (breathing techniques), and meditation. One of the
main objectives of this workshop is to give the participants a basic
understanding of Yoga so that they may use the information provided to
enhance their experience and preparation in performance with the focus
being on the actor in the practice of Yoga.. The participants will leave
the workshop with a simple asana practice they can do on their own, and
a basis onto which they might further that practice.

Tara Cheyenne has been a professional dancer and actor for the past 10
years. She has practiced Yoga since her introduction to it in 1975. Tara
has been teaching Ashtanga (sometimes referred to as power yoga) for the
past 5 years. She studied Yoga with some of the most influential and
celebrated teachers in the world, including; Sharath Rajaswami (the
Grandson of Patabi Jois and most advanced Ashtanga practitioner in the
world), Dona Holliman, Rishi Scariya (Chile), and at Jiva Mukti (New
York).

"Through my practice of Yoga I have found a great tool for my work as a
performer. On a very practical level, my body is in better shape than
ever through the practice, my voice has gained range and control through
the breathing techniques, and my overall focus and control onstage and
in the studio are greater."

For information or to register contact:
Tara Cheyenne
taracheyenne at telus.net