[e-drive][AUDITIONS - VANCOUVER]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Thu Aug 12 14:58:04 EDT 2004

----------------------------------
AUDITIONS - VANCOUVER
----------------------------------
Theatre One's Artistic Director, Garry Davey,
will be holding Auditions for Theatre One's upcoming season
on  Wednesday, August 25, 2004 in Vancouver.

Auditions will be at:

The William Davis Centre
1102 Hornby Street, Vancouver.

Please call Theatre One at 250-754-7587 to book an appointment

Or email artisticdirector at theatreone.org .  Please leave name, contact
number, or agency number and I will get back to you. You may also submit

photos and resumes (if I haven't seen you already this year) to:

Garry Davey, Artistic Director
Theatre One  P.O. Box 626
#3A - 13 Victoria Crescent
Nanaimo, B.C.
V9R 5L9

Please note we do not accept resumes by fax or by email.

Our Mainstage season will consist of two plays which will be staged at
the Port Theatre.

1. The Drawer Boy, the award winning Canadian play by Michael Healey=20

    Characters:

    Morgan - farmer 50's,

    Angus - farmer with memory loss, he is the Drawer Boy, 50's,

    Miles - actor, city boy 20's

    Rehearsal begins January 17, 2005, Show runs Feb 9 to 13, 2005

    Please be prepared to work scenes and read from the play.

2. Shirley Valentine, the international hit play by Willy Russell

    Character:

    Shirley Valentine, a housewife from Liverpool, 42

    Rehearsal begins March 14, 2005, Show runs April 6 to 10, 2005

    Performers must be capable of a credible Liverpool dialect.

    Please prepare a piece from the play, and expect to read from the
play.

Deadline for submission Wednesday August 18, 2004

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in a production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.