[e-drive][WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 20]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon Aug 23 10:38:08 EDT 2004

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 20
1. WORKOUT FOR MASTERS - VANCOUVER
2. SEARS & SWITZER - FALL 2004 - TORONTO

1. WORKOUT FOR MASTERS - VANCOUVER

Seasoned Expert Actors
Directors
Writers
Stage Managers
here is your chance
to be challenged
and inspired
in a complex technical way
that's made easy by
Master Mentor Micki Maunsell
in a nurturing safe environment
supported by CAEA's Professional Dev't Committee

Micki Maunsell (star of Vancouver Playhouse's One Last Kiss, Acting
Coach for Three Penny Opera  by Vancouver Opera Co.) guides you to your
own power of creating masterful, technical, and compelling work.  Her
weekend workout will get your chops up without breaking your bank
account. Beat the mediocrity and go the furthest you can go in any role.

"I personally challenge you to have the courage to let go of your old
habits."

-- Micki Maunsell

Saturday Oct. 2nd 10am to 6pm  &   Sunday   Oct. 3rd  10am to 1pm
at the Vancouver Alliance for Arts & Culture (938 Howe Street) $195 for
non Equity/$125 for Equity Members*

*Guarantee:  You will find out the magic formula to doing extraordinary
work.

Space is limited.
To secure a spot or for more info call Tammy Bentz 604 904 3695

------------------------------------

2. SEARS & SWITZER - FALL 2004 - TORONTO
Acting classes that work, for actors who want to work...

Remember Equity members always get a discount from 20%  on the workshop!
You can always get updates on all our class start dates, times and
workshop availability on the website at www.searsandswitzer.com or by
calling us at 416-5164612.

AUDITION SKILLS WEEKEND:
We cover most kinds of audition EXCEPT the TV Commercial process in this
intense immersion-style workshop. This is the workshop for people who
want to improve cold-reading and audition techniques for film, theatre
and TV roles. Actors should have some experience auditioning plus
fundamental training to get the most out of this class. We put a lot of
emphasis on how to prepare and then how to win! [Oct. 2-3, Dec. 4-5
$225.00 Equity member rate $175.00]

THE PLAY'S THE THING [SCENE STUDY]:
THE PLAY'S THE THING uses scene study as the basic training experience
for actors moving beyond beginner level. Work on a wide variety of
challenging scenes by the world's most exciting playwrights. Learn how
to break down a scene and improve your interpretation skills. It's a
great choice for actors to move up the "experience" ladder.  It's a
high-intensity class designed so that committed actors can stay sharp.
[Sept. 21 to Oct. 26 7:30-10:30 pm 6 wks $295.00 Equity member rate
$235.00]

*All class fees PLUS 7% GST

Class registration deadline for September/October workshops is on
Tuesday night Sept. 14, 5-8 pm, but RESERVE NOW BY CALLING 416-5164612.
For November/December registrations you are always welcome at the studio
at 626 King Street West between 6:00 and 7:30 pm on any evening when we
have a scheduled class. Check the website or call us for an appointment.
We are always sold-out. If a class is full, go on the waiting list. You
may get in at the last minute. We often add extra workshop sessions when
something sells out quickly, so check back in to the website for updates
anytime.

Theresa Sears & David Switzer
Studio: 626 KING STREET WEST Toronto
Studio and VM info line: 416-5164612