[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Tue Feb 24 10:12:14 EST 2004

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO

The ACTORS REPERTORY COMPANY is now accepting submissions from directors
for our 2004-05 'Theatre In The Raw' play reading series.  We are
looking for proposals for works from the international repertoire that
have rarely, if ever, been produced in Toronto.  The works can be from
any country from any time period. We are looking to have an eclectic
season of plays from different countries, and encourage directors from
diverse backgrounds to apply.

ARC looks at all readings in the context of a possible production, and
in light of that, suggests that proposed scripts have casts under 8
people and is something that could conceivably be produced as a full
production.

Theatre In The Raw is presented in the Studio Theatre at the
Harbourfront Centre.  We normally have a three day workshop prior to the
reading, and will engage all artists under the workshops and readings
section in the ITA.

Please include a copy of the script in your proposal, along with your
resume and a cover letter briefly outlining why you think this is
something that a Toronto audience should see.  Deadline for submissions
is April 1/04.

CONTACT INFO:

Please send your proposal to:
Actors Repertory Company
119 Bartlett Avenue
Toronto, ON
M6H 3E9

ACTORS REPERTORY COMPANY is a not-for-profit, artist-driven organization
of actors from various age groups and backgrounds who are connected by
the ARC mission, which is to discover exciting, provocative theatre from
the international repertoire that has rarely, if ever, been produced in
Toronto.  ARC endeavours to find innovative and bold approaches to its
organization, to its rehearsal processes and performances, with the
purpose of bringing excellence to the stage that is relevant to a
diverse Toronto audience.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4