[e-drive][AUDITIONS - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Mon Mar 29 14:36:24 EST 2004

------------------------------
AUDITIONS - TORONTO
------------------------------
Auditions Toronto Fringe Festival

>From the producers of 'Top Gun! The Musical' comes 'Waiting for Trudeau:
The Return of the King' (a musical history of Canada in 55 minutes).
This is a new comic show that spoofs the good, the bad and the
ridiculous of our beloved country, from the beginning of time right up
to the Sponsorship Scandal and the new Conservative Party.

'Waiting for Trudeau: The Return of the King' will be performed at The
Toronto Fringe Festival from June 30 to July 11, 2004.

We are looking for a musical theatre performer who has great Second City
type comedic skills.  Specifically an Afri-Canadian, late 20's - early
40's.  Guitar playing a plus.

Performers are asked to prepare a short comedic monologue and a musical
number, either pop or contemporary musical theatre, to be sung a
capella.
While you may provide your own accompaniment, please note that there is
unaccompanied singing in the show.

Sides may also be provided.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls.  CAEA
members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

Equity performers will participate under an Equity Fringe Form.

Please send photo and resume by Thursday, April 1 at 5 pm to:
Waiting for Trudeau: The Return of the King
c/o M. McGinn
110 The Esplanade #608
Toronto, Ontario
M5E 1X9

Please note that only those being auditioned will be contacted.
Questions may be directed by e-mail to FencePostProd at aol.com or by phone
to (416) 258 8855.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor