[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - STAGE MANAGER - TORONTO]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Wed May 26 09:59:04 EDT 2004

-----------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - STAGE MANAGER - TORONTO
-----------
Seeking a
Dynamic, Talented Stage Manager

Same Day Theatre is seeking a Stage Manager, a Set Designer, and a
Lighting
Designer for their upcoming Fringe Festival production of Below the Belt
by
Richard Dresser.  The play will run in the Toronto Fringe, June 30 to
July 11.

Pre-production is under way now.  Rehearsals will start at the beginning
of
June.

There are many Fringe shows currently seeking your talents.  Why should
you
work with us?

- We'll challenge your skills and your creativity with an exciting.
environmental production in an unconventional venue.  The play will be
performed in an old factory that holds an important place in the history
of
Canadian theatre.  Where will the booth be?  How will we make it work as
performance space? You will help us decide.

- You'll work with a group of professionals who will be anxious to work
with
you, and who will appreciate and respect your own professionalism, as
well
as your resourcefulness, creativity and organizational skills.

- We're going to have a lot of fun, and work hard, in equal measure.

- We've got a great script.  Richard Dresser's dark and comical satire
of
corporate hierarchies as seen from the bottom of the food chain brings
mind the best elements of Harold Pinter and Tom Stoppard.

Sound interesting?  Same Day Theatre would love to hear from you.
Email to davidfrisch at sympatico.ca
or phone him at 416-534-6238.
Equity members participating in this production will be signed to a
Fringe waiver and all net proceeds from the production will be divided
equally among the participants.