[e-drive]E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO/PORT COLBORNE]

caea-l-admin at list.web.net caea-l-admin at list.web.net
Wed Nov 17 16:37:08 EST 2004

----------
E-DRIVE - CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - TORONTO/PORT COLBORNE
----------
The Showboat Festival Theatre of Port Colborne, Ontario is accepting
photos and resumes for our summer 2005 season.

Over The River and Through the Woods
By Joe DiPietro

Rehearsals begin  May 30, 2005
Opens June 16
Closes July 2

Casting Requirements:

Emma - senior
Nunzio - senior
Aida - senior
Frank -  senior
Italian/New Jersey Accents required for these characters, who as
written, are in their 70's
Nick, their grandson - 20's - 30's
Caitlin - 20's-30's

Director - David Savoy
Performed in the round

Sherlock's Last Case
By Charles Marowitz

Rehearsals begin July 11
Opens July 28
Closes August 13

Casting Requirements:

Sherlock Holmes - late 30's- 40's
Dr. Watson - 40's +
Mrs. Hudson- 50-60 - Scottish Accent
Detective Lestrade - 30's-40's - or older
Lisa Moriarity - 20's - must also be able to convincingly play a young
man

Other than Mrs. Hudson, English accents are required.

Directed by David Savoy
Performed in the round

The Showboat Festival Theatre is a Professional Summer Theatre,
operating under the Independent Theatre Agreement (ITA), rated as an "F"
Category Theatre. Accommodation is on a "billet" basis - there is no
private accommodation available on our housing list at present.

Auditions will be held in Toronto and Port Colborne, January 12-15, 2005

Please ensure your resume and/or covering letter includes your
Association status (Member or Apprentice etc.), an indication of which
role (s) you are interested in,

 Also, we would prefer to set up appointments electronically so please
include an email address that you or your agent check regularly. If you
do not have an email address, please ensure your phone number is
included - but as mentioned - we would prefer to book appointments via
e-mail.

Actors who have worked with Artistic Director David Savoy previously
need only send along a letter/note indicating interest and availability.

Please forward your materials to:

David Savoy
Artistic Director
Showboat Festival Theatre
P.O. Box 454
296 Fielden Ave.
Port Colborne ON
L3K 5X7

Deadline for Submissions: Friday December 10, 2005

Only those selected for an audition will be contacted.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.