[e-drive]E-DRIVE [AUDITION - CAMBRIDGE]

caea-l-admin at list.web.net caea-l-admin at list.web.net
Thu Nov 18 16:02:06 EST 2004

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

E-DRIVE - AUDITION - CAMBRIDGE
Theatre Cambridge
2005 SUMMER SEASON AUDITIONS
EQUITY AND NON-EQUITY ACTORS
Auditions in February/March 2005

NOTE: Not all of the scripts are published! Please check their website soon for more info and character breakdowns.
www.theatrecambridge.com

The summer theatre premiere of this Broadway/West End smash hit musical!

FIVE GUYS NAMED MOE
Book by Clarke Peters
Music & Lyrics by Louis Jordan
Directed by Denis Simpson

An international sensation, this production is an exhilarating, all-embracing theatrical experience, complete with some uproarious "audience participation" that'll have spectators leaping out of their seats to join the celebration! His woman left him, he's broke, and it's almost five o'clock in the mornin'. But don't be worryin' 'bout our hero, Nomax. Out of his '30s-style radio pop five guys named Moe who cajole, wheedle, comfort and jazz him with the whimsical hit songs of Louis Jordan, one of the most beloved song writing talents of the twentieth century.

Performers with strong voices, who move and dance very well, some tap, good comedy skills, experienced! (6 men - All Principals! - late 20's to early 50's)

CONTRACT: JUNE 13th to JULY 16th      (5 weeks)

The Exclusive Canadian Premiere of a new British farce!
SHADY BUSINESS
By Robin Hawdon
Directed by Costin Manu

>From the creator of Perfect Wedding and Don't Dress for Dinner, comes this new uproarious farce by one of England's masters. Set in London, it follows the escapades of two female dancers with a major boyfriend muddle, further complicated by a nightclub boss and his hilarious henchmen. Mandy meets the love of her life then realizes she's in a bit of a jam. She's already mob boss Big Mack's gal! To save her neck, Mandy enlists the help of her luscious neighbour Tania to fabricate events and mislead Big Mack and his cronies. The action doesn't slow down from beginning to end in this madcap comedy.

Experienced actors in the British farce genre with the ability to do Cockney and other English dialects.
(5 MEN: to play early 30's to early to mid 40's; 2 WOMEN: -to play late 20's to  early to mid 30's)

CONTRACT: JULY 5th to AUGUST 6th   (5 weeks)

Exclusive Canadian première
SIX DANCE LESSONS IN SIX WEEKS
By Richard Alfieri

Nominated for 4 Ovation Awards
Directed by Costin Manu
In this wonderful, funny and touching new comedy that just opened on Broadway last fall. Lily Harrison, a formidable older woman, has hired a dance instructor for six weeks. Much to her dismay, she is greeted by Michael Minetti, an acerbic, transplanted New Yorker. Though faced with a rocky start, Michael and Lily soon learn they have more in common than either could have imagined. An absolute gem of a play!

1 man: (to play early to mid - 40's - young early 50's) - comedic; versatile, can move and dance the standard steps or has the ability to learn rudimentary, beginner's steps
1 woman: (to play mid 60's to early 70's) - comedic and dramatic actress; can move and dance the standard steps or has the ability to learn rudimentary, beginner's steps

CONTRACT: JULY 25th  - AUGUST 27th    (5 weeks)

Musicals: 1 up-tempo & 1 ballad; 1 comedy monologue and readings from script (sides will be available) Accompanist provided.

Plays: 1 comedy monologue and readings from script (sides will be available)

Theatre Cambridge is a professional summer theatre, operating under the Independent Theatre Agreement (ITA).

Please send photos and resumes by January 30th, 2005 to:
Costin Manu
Managing and Artistic Director
Theatre Cambridge
539 Steeles Ave W  Unit #78
Toronto, On
M2M 3Y1

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.