[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - HYSTERIA - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Apr 14 15:20:38 EDT 2005

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - HYSTERIA - TORONTO
BUDDIES IN BAD TIMES THEATRE IS NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR
The Third Annual
HYSTERIA
a festival of women
Moynan King, Festival Director

Oct 27 - Nov 5, 2005
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
12 Alexander St, Toronto=20

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is.I
only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments
that differentiate me from a doormat." - Rebecca West.

BUDDIES IN BAD TIMES THEATRE ANNOUNCES A CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR the
THIRD annual HYSTERIA: A FESTIVAL OF WOMEN, the largest
multi-disciplinary showcase of its kind in North America.

Buddies is seeking submissions for it's 3rd annual incarnation of this
international showcase of female talents from the worlds of theatre,
dance, film, music and visual art. Curated by Buddies' Associate Artist
Moynan King, HYSTERIA is a vital female forum for presentation,
discussion and exchange, unlike any other in the country.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 3rd, 2005

full submission guidelines and application forms are available online
at:

www.buddiesinbadtimestheatre.com=20

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

We are seeking new creations as well as existing works by emerging and
established artists from diverse cultural, sexual and artistic
backgrounds.

Submissions may include (but are not limited to):

? visual art, sculpture and art installations

? short cabaret-style performance pieces

? musicians, bands or new music artists

? new or previously produced plays

? short plays (20 min max)

? short films and videos

? performance art

? dance works (20 min max)

? classes and workshops

? proposals for full evening events

? new works by Youth (under-21)

Submissions must include:

? one completed application form per submission

? 2 copies of a detailed project description and script (where
applicable)

? resumes of all confirmed participants

? support material ie: slides, video (VHS & DVD only), audio (CD or
cassette tape only), photos, press clippings, etc., (where applicable)

? a $5 application fee payable by cheque to: Buddies in Bad Times
Theatre

(your $5 goes towards reading fees, ensuring each application is given
due consideration)

Please keep a copy of your submission

Hysteria Participants will receive an honorarium.

A list of successful applicants will be posted on Buddies website by
August 1st, 2004.

(no phone calls, please)

DEADLINE: June 3rd , 2005

Please send all submissions to:

Hysteria:  A Festival of Women
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
12 Alexander Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 1B4
(submissions will not be accepted by fax or email)

For more information please contact

Moynan King at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre at 416-975-9130 x 27
mking at buddiesinbadtimestheatre.com

www.buddiesinbadtimestheatre.com=20

44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor