[e-drive] E-DRIVE [ACTORS' FUND OF CANADA FUNDRAISER - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Dec 12 15:35:18 EST 2005

ACTORS' FUND OF CANADA FUNDRAISER - TORONTO
The Wrecking Ball 3

One night only: Sunday December 18, 2005, 8:00pm, The Theatre Centre,
1087 Queen Street West

We will feature Political Theatre and Music: i.e. FIVE of Canada's Best
Playwrights with BRAND NEW, ONE WEEK OLD EXPRESSLY POLITICAL PLAYS:
Michael Healey (The Drawer Boy), Adam Pettle (Zadie's Shoes), Claudia
Dey (Trout Stanley), Matthew Edison (Domino Heart), and Alex Poch-Goldin
(Yahrzeit). Could the timing be better?

Each playwright will follow the two Wrecking Ball Rules:
1) PLAYS MUST BE BASED ON CURRENT WORLD EVENTS - RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.
2) PLAYS MUST BE WRITTEN IN ONE WEEK. THEN REHEARSED BRIEFLY AND THROWN
RAW BEFORE A HUNGRY AUDIENCE.

Some of Toronto's best actors and directors will be on hand to perform
these staged readings, introduced by our very own Wrecking Ball crew
(Lara Azzopardi, David Jansen, Ross Manson and Andrew Soren).

Box Office opens at 7:00pm
Show starts at 8:00pm

Prices: Pay what you can (No advanced sales) - proceeds will go to the
Actor's Fund of Canada

www.thewreckingball.ca