[e-drive] E-DRIVE [AUDITIONS - VANCOUVER]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jul 22 11:47:27 EDT 2005

---------------------------------
AUDITIONS - VANCOUVER
---------------------------------
TheatreOne (Nanaimo)
will be holding Auditions for TheatreOne's upcoming season
on Monday, August 8, 2005
at The Firehall Arts Centre
280 East Cordova Street in Vancouver

Please send your headshot and resume to:

Garry Davey, Artistic Director
TheatreOne  P.O. Box 626
#3A - 13 Victoria Crescent
Nanaimo, B.C.
V9R 5L9

Deadline for submission Tuesday August 2nd, 2005 (we do not accept
resumes by fax). Be sure to include a contact number and an email
address if possible, you will be contacted with an audition time. No
phone calls please, requests via email are preferred.

Our Mainstage season will consist of two plays which will be staged at
the Port Theatre in Nanaimo.

1. Mary's Wedding by Stephen Massicotte  (January 16 - Feb 12, 2006)

Cast:	Mary - (early to mid 20's) a young woman who has moved to
Alberta from England. Mary also doubles as Sgt/Lt. Flowerdew
	Charlie  - (early to mid 20's) a romantic young man who grew up
on a farm, goes off to join the boys overseas in WW I ,

2. If We Are Women by Joanna McClelland Glass (April 3rd - April 30th,
2006)

Cast: 	Ruth - (mid 60's and up)an illiterate woman from Saskatchewan,
at times is naive but often sees with insight and humour. Jessica's
mother.
	Rachel - (mid 60's and up) Jessica's American mother-in-law,
well-educated, frustrated but sharp, with and acerbic wit.
	Jessica - (early 40's) Polly's mother, born and raised in
Saskatchewan, now lives in Connecticut, her lover of 8 years has just
died in the past week.
	Polly - (18) Daughter to Jessica, just finished high school,
changes her plans for university when she falls in love overnight,
vibrant, full of life.

 Only Equity and Equity-eligible actors will be seen. Please be familiar
with the plays.

Equity members cast in a production will be engaged under an Equity form
of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

See www.theatreone.org for more info.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor