[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS - RICHMOND]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jul 22 11:43:17 EDT 2005

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS - RICHMOND
Gateway Theatre, Richmond's Professional Theatre Company, is interested
in receiving submissions from established and emerging playwrights for
SceneFirst, our New Play Development Program.  Gateway has a mandate for
and a history of new play development. In the past 20 years we have
developed and produced 11 new works as well as providing developmental
support for many other works in progress.

Scripts selected for SceneFirst, will receive a staged reading during
the week of January 16-20, 2006 and these scripts will be automatically
short-listed for our upcoming seasons.

Deadline for Submissions is: September 30, 2005.

GUIDELINES:
1.	Scripts must be original, unproduced and between 60 and 120
minutes in length.
2.	Political plays are encouraged.   This includes the politics of
government, the workplace, relationships, evolving communities etc.
3.	Cast size:  Plays in our season usually range in cast size from
1-5 actors.
4.	Gateway Theatre encourages contemporary casting.
5.	Plays of ethnic origin are welcome but must be submitted in an
English Translation.
6.	Submissions of written material should be in hard copy only,
type written/ word processed, single sided, and minimum 11point font.
All pages should be numbered with the title of the play on each page.
7.	Please include a title page, with the name of play, author's
name and contact information.  Please ensure a cast list is enclosed.
8.	Please DO NOT submit original copies; Gateway Theatre will not
be responsible for the return of materials.

Scripts should be sent via regular mail to:

Barbara Tomasic, Artistic Associate
Gateway Theatre
6500 Gilbert Road,
Richmond, B.C.
V7C 3V4

For more information contact Barbara Tomasic via email:
barbara at gatewaytheatre.com or telephone at 604-247-4974.

For more about Gateway Theatre please visit our website at:
www.gatewaytheatre.com

Gateway Theatre is a member of PACT.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor