[e-drive] E-DRIVE[WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 3]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jun 3 12:09:14 EDT 2005

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

--------------------------------------

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 3

--------------------------------------

1.	WORKSHOP FOR ACTORS - TORONTO
2.	WORKSHOP FOR ACTORS - TORONTO
3.	EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOP - TORONTO

--------------------------------

1. WORKSHOP FOR ACTORS - TORONTO

--------------------------------

SOUL-O THEATRE - TORONTO

with Tracey Erin Smith

Create a mini one-person show based on material from your own life!

Everything that happens to you is potential material, from both the details of your daily life to the epic moments that changed everything.

Whether you want to develop a full length solo play, or you just want a fantastic creative challenge this workshop will guide you. Using music, movement and improvisation allowing the writing and performing to be organic. Discover a way into your story.

Have you said this?

* I\'d love a creative kick in the butt to start my solo show!

* Where can I do it in a supportive & fun environment?

* I have an idea but how do I get started?

Tracey Erin Smith is a Jessie Richardson Award nominated actor, a theatre instructor at

Ryerson University and Artist in Residence in New Hampshire who teaches SOUL-O

THEATRE in Canada & the U.S. Tracey has performed her one-woman show;

"I Wanna Marry Jackie Mason!", in Vancouver, Toronto and New York City.

COURSE DATES:

Mondays 6:30pm-9:30pm

June 6th to July 25th, 2005

(Class presentation to friends and family on Tuesday July 26th) (no class Monday July 4th)

Fee: $265.00    (Includes $15 workbook)

*20% Discount for Equity members: $212.00

$50.00 deposit required

CONTACT:  cre8_tv at yahoo.com

(416)410-7923

www.TraceyErinSmith.com

--------------------------------

2. WORKSHOP FOR ACTORS - TORONTO

--------------------------------

Forum Theatre Workshop for Actors, Artists, Educators, Activists!

Sunday, June 26 to Thursday, June 30, 2005

10 am to 4 pm

This five-day workshop is open to anyone interested in Forum Theatre regardless of theatre experience or training.  The instructors will teach the traditional construction of Forum Theatre, blended with various other forms of popular theatre, mainstream theatre and the Sweet Medicine Teachings of the Deer Tribe Metis Medicine Society.

This successful approach is a holistic convergence of theatre, community and social action. Improvisation, theatre games and exploring techniques such as masks of manipulation (based on commedia dell'arte character development methods) are part of the process.

Participants are encouraged to develop their own creativity in the form of text and music.

In Forum Theatre, a story representing a social conflict is created, rehearsed and performed. The story or scene is then presented again but this second time, any spectator can stop the action and replace the oppressed character in order to affect a positive change. The spectator thus becomes the spect-actor whose purpose is not to find an ideal solution but to offer alternative and behavior choices and create a more positive outcome.

Location: Mixed Company Theatre

157 Carlton Street, Toronto

(Carlton & Sherbourne)

Payment:

$320 for CAEA members/$400 for non-members

Please send full payment by cheque(s) with your enrollment form.  Payment is non-refundable after May 31, 2005.  Enrollment forms and additional information about Forum Theatre and the company can be found on the Mixed Company website http://www.mixedcompanytheatre.com/about/what/what.html#workshop <http://www.mixedcompanytheatre.com/about/what/what.html#workshop>

-------------------------------------

3.EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOP - TORONTO

-------------------------------------

# 1574 Advanced Scene Study with Rosemary Dunsmore
Tues & Thurs 10 am - 1 pm
June 23- July 21
(no class June 21)
9 classes
CAEA $360 Non-CAEA $450
Deadline for application: June 9

The power of a great performance lies in the actor's ability to reveal, under pressure, the intricacies of the human heart. A solid understanding of the craft of acting is the actor's most reliable tool in theatre, film and television. Confidence in the craft gives you creative control. Scenes should not be about hitting marks, finding your light, etc. The real mystery (and fun) is the acting work. This class will focus on an exploration of the material; uncovering the human event; choice of actions, objectives and obstacles. Participants will be expected to do a significant amount of work outside of class time.

In <http://www.equityshowcase.ca/instructors.htm#rosemarydunsmore> structor: Rosemary Dunsmore <http://www.equityshowcase.ca/instructors.htm#rosemarydunsmore>

Please call Daphne at 416-533-6100 ext 21. for more information or check out www.equityshowcase.ca <http://www.equityshowcase.ca>

Canadian Actor's Equity Association
44 Victoria St, 12th floor