[e-drive] E-DRIVE[TICKET DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 3]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jun 3 12:37:19 EDT 2005

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

------------------------------------

TICKET DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 3

------------------------------------

1. e-DENTITY - TORONTO

2. Dora Wasserman Yiddish Theatre - MONTREAL

------------------------------------

1.	e-DENTITY -TORONTO

------------------------------------

Theatre Gargantua,Toronto's most innovative multidisciplinary theatre company, opens its doors for a rare glimpse into the process of theatrical creation. We invite audiences to take a peek behind the curtain at work-in-progress presentations of our current project, e-DENTITY.

We are offering Equity members $5 tickets (regular price $7) for the Friday June 3rd or Saturday June 4th presentations of this unique theatrical workshop.  Performances are at St. Stephen's in the Fields, 365 College Street (south side, between Bathurst and Spadina) @ 8 pm.  (Doors open at approximately 7:30 pm.)

An award-winning company, Theatre Gargantua develops original Canadian work in a unique two-year cycle starting from the barest idea and brewing to a full-fledged, dynamic and riveting production. This spring the company embarks on the second phase of its newest cycle, e-DENTITY, exploring the rapid and complex ways human interaction has changed since the advent of cyber communication: Who are you when you're on-line? And who is anybody else? Receiving an initial production of its first phase in the fall of 2004, e-DENTITY incorporates virtual technologies computer networking, live chat and web broadcasting to explode the boundaries of theatrical experience.

Heading for a world premiere of the finished show this October, an intensive four-week developmental workshop is currently underway involving Theatre Gargantua core company members and guest artists.  We invite you to see this inventive, unique work at its still seminal stage of development.

To reserve, call 416-260-4660

2. Dora Wasserman Yiddish Theatre - MONTREAL

CAEA members (with proof of membership) can obtain 50% off Rush tickets.  These are tickets purchased on the day of the performance they wish to see.

The Dora Wasserman Yiddish Theatre presents the musical Lies My Father Told Me, by Ted Allan, music and lyrics by Elan Kunin. June 5-30. Directed by Bryna Wasserman. At the Leanor and Alvin Segal Theatre, 5170 Cote St. Catherine Rd. Montreal, box office: (514) 739-7944 "Rags! Clothes! Bottles!" Lies My Father Told Me is a heart-warming story of intergenerational conflict set in 1920's Montreal. Take this journey with Davey, his beloved grandfather and the horse that leads them through the back alleys of Montreal as they interact with the people and cultures that created the renowned area affectionately known as The Main. Confront the old world and the new, tradition and modernity, all the while experiencing a memorable musical ride.

The inspired team bringing the city of Montreal to life is: Yannik Larive: Set Designer, James Lavoie: Costume Designer, Jacques-Olivier

Dupuis: Lighting Designer, Rob Denton: Sound Designer, Lorna Wayne: Choreographer, Amanda Corber: Production Stage Manager

Canadian Actor's Equity Association
44 Victoria St, 12th floor
Toronto, ON
M5C 3C4