[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - AUDITIONS - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Mon May 2 13:06:44 EDT 2005

---
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - FRINGE - AUDITIONS - TORONTO
---
The Collective for Living Theatre in participation with Calipix
Productions is casting Liliane Atlan's "Les Mers Rouges"(the red seas)
for Toronto's Fringe Theatre Festival, July 6 - 13.
We are looking for three female and two male actors to play multiple
roles. Rehearsals will begin in early May. Some singing may be required.

Les Mers Rouge (The Red Seas)
Directed by Genie winning Kalli Paakspuu, A layered storytelling through
five narrators is based on real persons, testimonies and documents from
France's playwright Liliane Atlan's own history. This post-modern epic
features a sounds cape by Timothy Sullivan and Sephardic love songs in a
portrayal of Jewish resistance from the Spanish inquisition to the
Holocaust. An English World Premiere and a Canadian Premiere. Check the
website www.lesmersrouges.com

We are very interested in bilingual actors because we will be doing a
French performance in the fall. Please send C.V. to
casting at lesmersrouges.com and give your contact information and
availability for rehearsals.

Readings and auditions are in progress.

Equity members participating in this production will be signed to a
Fringe waiver and all net proceeds from the production will be divided
equally among the participants.

44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor