[e-drive] E-drive [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 20]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Wed May 18 14:33:29 EDT 2005

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 20
1. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
2. REALISTIC ACTING - MONTREAL

1. EQUITY SHOWCASE WORKSHOPS - TORONTO
# 1585 Advanced Musical Theatre Auditioning with Louise Pitre
Tues 1- 4 pm
June 7- July 12
6 classes
CAEA $ 440 Non-CAEA $550
Deadline for application: Thurs, May 26
This six-week class will focus on developing the skills necessary for rigorous musical theatre auditions.  This class is NOT for beginners to musical theatre. Previous training is required.

# 1578 Directors' Coaching Lab with Chris Abraham
Wed 7-10 pm
June 1- July 6
6 classes
CAEA $260 Non-CAEA $320
EXTENDED Deadline for application: Tues, May 24
Instructor, Chris Abraham, will guide intermediate level directors through the rehearsal process. This is not a course for beginners to the theatre.
Application for this course MUST INCLUDE: picture/resume of the applicant, letter of interest describing the project they would like to work on (if applicable), pictures/resumes of any actors/collaborators already associated with the project (if applicable)
This course is limited to SIX directors.

# 1579 Physicalizing Text with Eda Holmes
Thurs 7- 10 pm
June 2- 23
CAEA $200 Non-CAEA $250
EXTENDED Deadline for application: Tues, May 24
Objective: To introduce students to a number of different techniques of approaching text from a physical standpoint with the intent to expand the actors performance vocabulary.

# 1570 Singing for Actors with Debora Joy
Mon, Wed, Fri 2- 5 pm
June 6- 10
CAEA $120 Non-CAEA $150
EXTENDED Deadline for application: Thurs, May 26
Singing can increase your potential as an actor, regardless of whether you ever sing on stage. By freeing the singing voice you can free yourself of vocal blocks and inhibitions and consequently, broaden your acting range.

Please call the Daphne at 416-533-6100 ext 21 if you have any questions or check out www.equityshowcase.ca for in-depth course descriptions and other available workshops.

2. REALISTIC ACTING - MONTREAL
REALISTIC ACTING with Gilles Plouffe - MONTREAL
One (1) night a week - Four (4) weeks - 5 hours a night - Maximum 10 participants
$175.00 (Equity members $140.00)
Starting Wednesday June 1st.
Location: 1258 Bélanger St, Montreal, Québec.
Information/registration:
JOHN STRASBERG STUDIOS Montreal
514-272-9430
GILLES PLOUFFE is an experienced professional working actor in theatre, film & television. He has studied many years with Mr. Strasberg and has also taught acting at ACTRA, the National Screen Institute, the Algonquin College Theatre Program, Dynamic Theatre Factory and Theatre North America.
THIS CLASS IS BASED ON JOHN STRASBERG'S ORGANIC CREATIVE PROCESS My Organic Creative Process evolves from where the Method, other systems, and the great teachers like Stanislavski, my father and Stella Adler, left off. I define, and train Talent, Imagination, Intuition and Spontaneous Inspiration, the Natural Laws of Creativity that remained a mystical, invisible world to teachers before me. My basic training develops the actor's knowledge of him/her self. Beginning with, and developing from, your natural capacity to become deeply involved, an actor dreams awake, creating a new life, from real and imaginary life. You make the invisible world visible; expressing your, intuitive and conscious, vision of life in your art. Because, an artist has something to say about life.