[e-drive] Edrive [AUDITION - CALGARY]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Feb 24 11:43:40 EST 2006

----------------------------
AUDITION - CALGARY
----------------------------
General Audition Notice (Calgary)

The Chemainus Theatre Festival's Artistic Director Jeremy Tow will be
holding General Auditions in Calgary on Tuesday, April 18, 2006.

For the General audition, you will be asked to prepare:
- Two contrasting monologues  (one classical and one contemporary both
of which are no longer than 4 minutes in combined length).
Or
- One monologue and an alternative option of the artist's choice (song,
dance, special skill, combination etc).   Both monologue and the
alternative option should be no longer than 4 minutes in combined
length. An accompanist will be provided, please bring sheet music in the
correct key. A CD/tape player will also be available.

Please forward your headshot, resume, and a brief cover letter to:
Chemainus Theatre Festival General Auditions
C/o: Jessie van Rijn, Arts Coordinator
9574 Bare Point Rd, Bag 1000
Chemainus, BC V0R 1K5

The Deadline for receipt of Resumes is Friday, March 24, 2006, after
which you will be contacted to book an audition time.  NO PHONE CALLS OR
FAXES PLEASE.  Audition time priority will be given to Equity Members
and Equity registered apprentices.

For your information:
-If you have not been notified of an audition time by April 7, 2006,
this means we won't be seeing you this time around.
-CTF is a professional Equity company on Vancouver Island, an hour north
of Victoria. We produce 5 Centrestage shows a year, a summer repertory
of 2-3 productions, and a KidzPlay Series. Our focus is on classics and
award-winning plays. For more information about the company, please
check out our website at www.chemainustheatrefestival.ca.

CTF engages, under the terms of the Independent Theatre Agreement,
professional Artists who are members of CAEA.  Equity members will be
seen first at all open audition calls. Non-Equity artists will be seen
when and if spaces are available. CAEA members: please bring your
membership card to the audition.