[e-drive] E-DRIVE [AUDITION - TORONTO]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Mar 19 10:51:11 EDT 2007

------------------
AUDITION - TORONTO
------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - GENERAL AUDITIONS

THEATRE DIRECT CANADA
Lynda Hill, Artistic Director

Theatre Direct Canada, one of the country's leading theatres for young
people, is accepting resumes for their upcoming General Auditions.

Please submit cover letter, photo and resume [hard copies only] for
consideration by April 5, 2007 to:

GENERAL AUDITIONS
Theatre Direct Canada
720 Bathurst St., 412
Toronto, ON   M5S 2R4

No phone calls or emails please.  Only actors selected to audition will
be contacted.  Auditions will take place April 16 and 17, 2007.

Experience in education/arts education is considered an asset.  Please
highlight skills and experience in cover letter.  Theatre Direct Canada
is committed to accessibility and cultural diversity.

Please note that artists who have auditioned for Theatre Direct Canada
in the past three years will not be seen.

Theatre Direct Canada is a member of PACT, therefore priority will be
given to Equity members.

Mandate
Theatre Direct Canada commissions, develops and produces Canadian plays
for young people (children and youth) that provoke, challenge, question
and empower our audience, exploring important issues relevant to young
people using sophisticated and uncompromising theatre. We also seek to
nurture our audience's appreciation of the art form, subject matter and
themes through innovative and engaging arts education programs.

For more information about Theatre Direct Canada, please visit
www.theatredirect.on.ca

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com