[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Fri May 11 15:06:27 EDT 2007

----------------------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS
----------------------------------
Each year, through the generous support of Petro-Canada, we are able to
commission and develop six new Canadian one-act plays. We are currently
inviting playwrights from all across Canada to submit outlines or
proposals for new one-act plays for development within this program.

2008 Call for Submissions
Lunchbox Theatre is currently accepting script submissions for our
Petro-Canada Stage One series. Each year, through the generous support
of Petro-Canada, we workshop six new Canadian one-act plays.

Submissions are reviewed by our selection committee and must meet the
following criteria:

*       New scripts only. Previously produced scripts will not be
accepted.
*       The play must be intended to be 45 minutes in length.
*       The play must have no more than 6 characters.
*       The applicant must be a Canadian citizen, over the age of 18.

Your submission must include:

*       A brief synopsis of the script (maximum 3 pages), including
character descriptions.
*       A writing sample of 15 pages (minimum) from the script on which
your
submission is based. Full drafts are accepted.
*       Your resume, with name, address, email address, and telephone
number.

Applicants may submit as many proposals as they wish.

Lunchbox Theatre will acknowledge, by email, receipt of your application
upon its arrival.

Submission Deadline: June 30, 2007.
Final selections will be made by August 30, 2007.

If your play is selected:

*       First draft due November 30, 2007
*       Workshop draft due March 31st, 2008
*       Each of the six selected plays will be given a six day workshop
in
the spring of 2008, including with two public readings with audience
talk-back sessions
*       Travel and accommodation will be provided for out-of-town
playwrights.

If your play is not selected:

*       You will be contacted by August 30, 2007

NOTE: we do not provide a critique or dramaturgical feedback.

While Lunchbox Theatre is primarily interested in plays with an emphasis
on humour, we also consider explorations of ethno-Canadian lifestyles
and experiences, docu-dramas, revues, small-scale musicals and other
innovative forms.

Please send submissions by mail to:
Lunchbox Theatre
The Petro-Canada Stage One Plays