[e-drive] EQUIFLASH [CREATORS' COPYRIGHT COALITION'S PLATFORM STATEMENT]

CAEA News Bulletin Service caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Jan 21 14:24:41 EST 2008

--------------------
EQUIFLASH - CREATORS' COPYRIGHT COALITION'S PLATFORM STATEMENT
--------------------
The Creators' Copyright Coalition (CCC) is an alliance of 16 professional associations including Canadian Actors' Equity Association. Together we represent individual creators and performers and copyright collective societies active in the theatre, the visual arts, the applied arts, literature, music, recording and audiovisual (radio, television, film and commercials) and we represent more than 100,000 creators (authors and performers) who are copyright owners.
Members of the CCC believe that the making of art and contemporary Canadian culture is a vital part of life, and an essential ingredient of the information economy.  If the new copyright reforms enhance and protect the rights of creators, then it will encourage art, contribute to our culture and enrich the lives of all Canadians.
After months of research and study, the Creators' Copyright Coalition has released their platform on copyright reform in anticipation of the Canadian government's expected new copyright legislation. The paper outlines the reforms that creator groups would ideally like to see in Canadian law.
For more information and to read a copy of the platform please go to EQUITYONLINE at http://www.caea.com.

44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
tel: 416-867-9165