E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS FOR VARIOUS PRODUCTIONS IN 2009 SEASON - SHAKESPEARE IN ACTION - TORONTO, ON] SEPT 25

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Sep 26 13:33:21 EDT 2008

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS FOR VARIOUS PRODUCTIONS IN 2009 SEASON -
SHAKESPEARE IN ACTION - TORONTO, ON

Contact name: Michael Kelly
Contact email: shakespeareinaction at gmail.com
Contact phone: 416 703 4881
Website: www.shakespeareinaction.org
Production name: General Audition
Deadline to submit: 10/06/2008
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 01/01/2009
Audition dates: October 9, 2008

Additional information:
Shakespeare in Action, a multicultural repertory theatre company based
in Toronto, is holding general auditions for its exciting 2009 season.
We are looking for equity actors of all ages for both main-stage and
in-school touring productions.

* Please submit a resume and headshot by email or fax by Monday October
6th:
Email: shakespeareinaction at gmail.com
Fax:  647 438 5646

* We will contact successful applicants to schedule an audition for the
afternoon of Thursday October 9th at St Paul's-Trinity, Bloor St. West.

* Successful applicants are asked to prepare two short monologues (2
minutes each), one from Shakespeare and one contemporary.

About the Company
Shakespeare in Action is a multi-racial repertory theatre company that
aspires to enhance the arts and education through exploring and
performing Shakespeare's plays. We accomplish this by:

* Presenting fresh Canadian interpretations of Shakespeare and other
classical and contemporary stories that are relevant to young audiences
and their families and the community. * Promoting a multi-cultural
company of interdisciplinary artists that is engaged with and reflects
our diverse community * Creating the audience of the future through our
productions, projects and outreach programs

Please direct any inquiries to Mat Howard at 416 703 4881 or
shakespeareinaction at gmail.com

communications at caea.com