E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR - NEPTUNE THEATRE - HALIFAX, NS]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Oct 22 11:13:03 EDT 2009

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR - NEPTUNE THEATRE - HALIFAX, NS
Contact name: Janice Creelman
Contact email: info at neptunetheatre.com
Contact phone: 429-7300
Website: www.neptunetheatre.com
Production name: Rabbit Hole
Deadline to submit: 11/06/2009
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 02/08/2010
Audition dates: Nov. 13 and 14, 2009

Additional information:
Rabbit Hole
By David Lindsay-Abair
Directed by Daryl Cloran
November 13 and 14
10am - 6PM
By appointment only.

Production runs March 2 - March 28, 2010.

Casting for:

BECCA (35-40)
Upper-middle class mother struggling with the recent loss of her
four-year-old son, Danny, in a car accident. Her tightly controlled rage
and despair simmers beneath her calm exterior.

IZZY (30-35)
Becca's rebellious sister. A wild card. Begins the play by describing a
bar fight she got into. Recently discovered she's pregnant. Hopes
motherhood will help straighten her out.

NAT (60s)
Mother to Becca and Izzy. Has a frank manner and strained relationship
with her daughters.

JASON (17)
A teen interested in science and writing. Was driving the car that hit
Danny. Determined to speak with Danny's parents about the incident.

Interested artists should send their photo and resume for consideration
by mail to (no e-mail, please):

Neptune Theatre
Attention: Rabbit Hole auditions
1593 Argyle Street
Halifax, NS
B3J 2B2

Queries: info at neptunetheatre.com

Once we determine which artists Mr. Cloran wants to see, we will be in
touch. If you are successful in obtaining an audition time specific
sides will be available to read. The script is available at our office.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com