E-DRIVE [2010 MAKING A SCENE CONFERENCE - NOVEMBER 26 & 27 - VANCOUVER, B.C.]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Nov 15 14:46:34 EST 2010

2010 MAKING A SCENE CONFERENCE - NOVEMBER 26 & 27 - VANCOUVER, B.C.

This year the Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance we're
pleased to introduce a new twist on our annual Making a Scene
conference:
"DEVOTED & DISGRUNTLED" What are we going to do about theatre?
Facilitated by Phelim McDermott & Matilda Leyser of Improbable
(http://www.improbable.co.uk/ London, UK)

Do you love theatre?
Do you find it frustrating?
Do you wish it were different?
Do you want to help change things for the better?
Have you just started out and need support?
Have you been in the profession for years and feel jaded?
Are you afraid for the future of the arts in BC?
Are you looking for a sense of: community, eldership, mentorship?
Are you tired of going to conferences where nothing really happens?

WHAT: Two days in which YOU design the programme and set the discussion
topics which matter to you.

WHERE: W2 Storyeum, 151 W. Cordova St, Vancouver BC

WHEN: Friday November 26 & Saturday November 27, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(PLUS special party/reception from 5:30 - 8:30pm on Friday night)

HOW: Go to http://www.gvpta.ca/conference for more information and to
register

WHO: For anyone who cares about theatre! Whatever your connection to
theatre; on stage, back stage, off stage, on a board, in the audience -
you are invited. All sectors and genres; Fringe, Regional, Indy,
Commercial, Large, Small, Community, Touring, TYA, etc. You are ALL
invited.

Equity is a sponsor of Making a Scene as part of the Association's
professional development mandate.

WHY: Because the really juicy part of any conference happens in the
coffee breaks! So, if there are things you are passionate about or
things you are ticked off about, projects or proposals you need support
on, or if you simply want to connect with your community, all are
possible - because at this event you set the agenda. Nothing is off
limits.

Registration fees have been kept deliberately low ($50- $75 for two full
days!) so EVERYONE can participate.
GVPTA MEMBER: $50 plus HST
NON MEMBER: $75 plus HST
GVPTA MEMBER COMPANY GROUP DISCOUNT (groups of three or more): $40 per
person plus HST
STUDENT: $25 plus HST (must show valid student ID)
communications at caea.com