E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - ACTOR - PERSEPHONE THEATRE - SASKATOON, SK]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Aug 10 11:06:09 EDT 2012

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - ACTOR - PERSEPHONE THEATRE - SASKATOON, SK
Production name: A History of Breathing
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 10/16/2012
Audition date: 11/18/2012
Deadline to submit: 08/20/2012
Email applications to: admin at persephonetheatre.org
Contact name: Carol Affleck
Contact email: admin at persephonetheatre.org
Contact phone: 384 2126
Engager Website: www.persephonetheatre.org

Additional information:
We are accepting submissions for the production of A History of
Breathing, a new play by Dan MacDonald.  Rehearsals begin October 16 and
the show closes November 18.

As this piece deals with the creation and end of days stories of many
non-Eurocentric cultures, we particularly encourage actors of diverse
backgrounds for these characters.
With preference for prairie artists, we are looking for submissions for
the roles below.

Lily: About 18, female.  A strong willed young woman damaged beyond
repair by the warring circumstances in her small village, which takes a
page from recent tragic history of many diverse cultures.

Kai: About 18, male.  A boy soldier who is nearing adulthood.

Toad:  Found floating in a boat on a flooded Earth with his companions
Muskrat and Turtle, this character of undetermined age bears a striking
resemblance to the traditions of several First Nations cultures.  A
simple man who spends a large portion of his time learning to count in
order to quantify the stars.

Muskrat: Found in the same boat of travelers, also of undetermined age
and bearing a resemblance to traditional story, Muskrat is much less
keen to sit and count the stars.

Auditions will be arranged as needed.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com