EQUIFLASH [RELEASE OF NEW SMALL-SCALE THEATRE POLICIES DELAYED]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Dec 13 19:07:16 EST 2012

--------------------------------
To: The membership of Equity
From: Arden R. Ryshpan, Executive Director

The release of the new Indie 2.0 and the Artists' Collective Policies, which were ready for publication today, will be delayed to undertake a last minute review based on recent concerns expressed by some Ontario Councillors.

This delay will allow staff time to once again compare the comments and draft agreement terms against the survey results and the input from membership meetings held across the country, and to act accordingly.

I have informed Equity's Council of this situation and advised them that the policies will be delivered in the 3rd week of January, 2013.

We know that there are many of you anticipating the release of these new policies who will be disappointed by this information. I apologize for this unanticipated delay.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
tel: 416-867-9165