E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - SINGER/ACTORS - FUGUE THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Apr 17 16:37:04 EDT 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

AUDITION NOTICE - SINGER/ACTORS - FUGUE THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC
Production name: SECRET SERVICE
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 09/09/2013
Audition date: 05/15/2013
Audition date 2: 05/16/2013
Deadline to submit: 04/28/2013
Email applications to: contact at fugue.biz
Contact name: Laura Di Cicco
Contact email: contact at fugue.biz
Contact phone: 604.734.1441
Engager Website: www.fugue.biz

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We encourage submissions from all cultural backgrounds. Equity members will be seen first at all auditions. Please note that while we welcome all submissions, Vancouver-area residents will be awarded preference.

For more information about Fugue Theatre, please visit our website.

Additional information:
Fugue Theatre is holding auditions for SECRET SERVICE, an original musical, written by Kico Gonzalez-Risso and composed by Neil Weisensel.

We are seeking strong actors who can sing operatic music. We welcome both musical theatre (legit) and opera singers. Ability to read music is a must.

Character Breakdown:

Mr. C, baritone (40-60): a politician. Solid, commanding. No one can knock him down - except one person.
Singing range: A2 to C4 sharp (low A to high C sharp)

Rex, tenor (25-50): Mr.C's bodyguard. Fit. Tough, yet knows his place. Works hard at protecting Mr. C.
Singing range: C3 to B4 flat (low C to high B flat)

Ms. D, soprano (35-50): a dominatrix. Sexy. Strong. The master of everyone, including Mr. C.
Singing range: G3 to A5 (low G to high A)

You will be reading from the show itself. We will provide you with both an aria and some text. Part of the audition will consist of auditioning in pairs. An accompanist will be provided.

Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format and a photo, less than 1 MB, to the email address listed above. Write in the subject line, "Secret Service Auditions."

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

communications at caea.com