E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - SOULPEPPER THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Dec 10 12:08:52 EST 2015

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - SOULPEPPER THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON
--------------------------------
Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Albert Schultz
Audition date: Auditions will take place the week of January 18, 2016. Exact
dates TBD.
Deadline to submit: 12/18/2015
Email applications to: generalauditions at soulpepper.ca
Contact name: Samantha Semczyszyn
Contact email: generalauditions at soulpepper.ca
Contact phone: 416-866-8666 x 418
Engager website: soulpepper.ca
Link to detailed casting information: soulpepper.ca
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: We encourage
submissions from actors of diverse cultures and backgrounds.

Additional information: SUBMISSIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18th -2pm

Soulpepper Theatre Company and Artistic Director Albert Schultz have
announced a call for actor submissions for General Auditions.

We will be holding both musical and non-musical auditions.
Audition dates:  the week of January 18, 2016. Exact dates TBD. When the
selection committee has chosen those for an audition by appointment, we will
contact them with an exact date and time.

Auditions will be held in Toronto, Canada. Canadian Actors’ Equity
Association members only.

We encourage submissions from actors of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Priority will be given to those we have not seen for past General auditions.
If you applied to the Soulpepper Academy, there is no need to apply to the
General Auditions.

MAIL and IN-PERSON SUBMISSIONS ONLY:
General Auditions
Soulpepper Theatre Company
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto ON  M5A 3C4

Please enclose:
1.  Headshot
2.  Resume, clearly indicating
-   CAEA status
-   musical or non-musical audition
SUBMISSIONS BY FAX OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
We thank you for your submission however, only those selected for an
audition will be contacted.

PREPARATION:
-   Non-musical audition: those selected should prepare two contrasting
monologues totaling no more than 5 minutes in length, one of which is to be
in verse.
-   Musical audition: those selected should prepare one monologue of 2-3
minutes in length as well as two songs.  Accompanist will be provided.
Please bring sheet music.

For our current season, please visit our website at www.soulpepper.ca
Soulpepper is an equal opportunity employer. Artists of all backgrounds
regardless of race, orientation, or personal beliefs are encouraged to
apply.

Artists cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. Please bring your membership card to the audition.
------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx