EQUIFLASH [EQUITY WELCOMES TWO NEW COUNCILLORS]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Jun 30 14:15:41 EDT 2015

EQUITY WELCOMES TWO NEW COUNCILLORS

Canadian Actors' Equity Association is pleased to welcome Kerry Ann
Doherty and Kris Joseph to Equity's national Council.

--------------------
Kerry Ann Doherty - Ontario Caucus:
--------------------
The national Council of Canadian Actors' Equity Association, with the
recommendation of council's Ontario Caucus, recently appointed Kerry Ann
Doherty as a Councillor for the Ontario region. She replaces Councillor
Yanna McIntosh who recently resigned from Council. Kerry Ann is a former
three-time Equity Councillor and was Council Vice-President for the
2009-2012 term.

"I'm happy to be volunteering alongside such passionate representatives
from across the country and disciplines. Looking forward to assist
furthering the work this Council has begun." Said Kerry Ann, who has been
a active member of the Association for 23 years.

--------------------
Kris Joseph - Northern Alberta and N.W.T.:
--------------------
The national Council of Canadian Actors' Equity Association, with the
recommendation of council's Northern Alberta and N.W.T. Caucus, recently
appointed Kris Joseph as a Councillor for the Northern Alberta and N.W.T.
region. He replaces former Councillor Garett Spelliscy who recently
resigned from Council.

"I'm honored to represent Alberta North and Northwest Territories for the
remainder of the current Council term!  I served as Councillor for the
Eastern Ontario region from 2009 to 2012 and have deep respect for the
hard work performed by the Equity staff, as supported by the National
Council. Since moving to Edmonton in early 2012, I have gotten to know
many of the region's members and have fallen in love with the community
and its tireless creative power," said Kris, who has been an active member
of the Association for nearly 10 years. "I promise to represent the region
to the best of my ability in advance of this fall's election, and join my
predecessor in calling for all members in the region to consider running
for Council. As a past Councillor I can gladly say that a diverse range
voices around the council table helps all of us, and that Alberta has a
great deal to offer the national conversation. If the thought of running
for Councillor has ever crossed your mind, drop me a line and I'm sure I
can persuade you to accept a nomination!"

Contact information for Equity's national Council is listed on Equity's
website at: http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Governance/Council2012-2015.aspx
(click on councillor photos for email addresses).

communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at www.caea.com.