[Sust-mar] UPEI Locavore Challenge Saturday Feb 6

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 13:02:57 EST 2010

On Saturday February 6 you are invited to participate
in the University of Prince Edward Island’s 2nd Annual Locavore
Challenge.
This event is hosted by the Business School's
Executive MBA Program, in MacKinnon Auditorium, MacDougall Hall.
The day begins at 9:30 with a brief introduction of
the MBA Program and the emerging trends that are being explored for
future business development on Prince Edward Island.

Phil Ferraro, Institute for Bioregonal Studies (www.ibspei.ca) will be making a presentation that challenges the
business community to embrace a shifting economic paradigm from one
based on innovation, competitiveness and efficiency to the emerging
bioregional economy that places security, fair trade and ecological
sustainability at the forefront.

Rob Patterson will be on hand to guide a discussion
on what the future holds if we continue on the current path of global
food trade and what may be possible in a more regional system.

The MBA students will present findings that their
research identified as future business opportunities in local foods.

Attached is a pdf flyer providing schedule details.
Last year the Locavore Challenge drew the attention of over 150
participants. This year we hope that you will contribute in the event
that is sure to help influence ideas on the future of our food system
and the region's economic potential.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/