[sust-mar] SeaLight SkyLight_ Deanery MEDIA RELEASE

Kim Thompson shipharbour.thompson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 07:40:45 EDT 2023

MEDIA RELEASE :  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 8, 2023      Ship Harbour, Nova Scotia

++++++++++++++++++

 <>SeaLight Skylight Festival brings summer magic to the Deanery Project August 12th

Summer means SeaLight SkyLight Festival … a time to celebrate the Perseid Meteor Shower and ocean bioluminescence at the Deanery Project in Lower Ship Harbour. The family-friendly event highlights these natural phenomena through hands-on science and art activities and live musical performances.
The Festival runs Saturday, August 12th 1:00 - 11:00 pm. Opening with the welcoming sounds of our curated youth stage, featuring local musicians and  youth emcee Danaan Pyette.  At 3:00 emcee Lil MacPherson joins Danaan to introduce an inspiring line up of local performers. Visitors can enjoy the music while taking part in astronomy activities, lantern making, crafting traditional seaweed prints, and other eco art projects and workshops.  Hope for Wildlife will be on site too, bringing beloved resident education animal Arielle the Barred Owl to share her story and answer questions.
In the evening, Stephen Payne from the Dalhousie Astronomical Society will present on the night sky and the Perseids and prepare attendees for onsite telescope observation. We will also delve into the mystery of ocean bioluminescence, of which we find in abundance in the Maritimes.
As night begins to fall, a magical lantern lit procession guides visitors to the water’s edge for a surprise performance. The evening wraps up on the field with our headliner musicians T. Thomason and Jenny Lapp, providing a soundtrack for more night sky viewing with telescopes and shadow play.
There’s something for everyone! Visit our Facebook event listing (https://www.facebook.com/events/812959563614983?ref=newsfeed <https://www.facebook.com/events/812959563614983?ref=newsfeed> ) for the schedule of events and price details.  Capacity is limited, so get your tickets soon! We look forward to having you join us to celebrate the ocean, night sky, science and the arts for this always magical event.  (@TheDeaneryProject).
CONTACT
Jeighk Koyote or Liv Langille or Kim Thompson with questions or for interviews.
902-845-1888 (office).    902-877-5316 (cell)

The Deanery Project. www.thedeaneryproject.com <http://www.thedeaneryproject.com/>
751 West Ship Harbour Road, Lower Ship Harbour, NS  B0J 2L0

####