[sust-mar] 5 positions: Community Climate Lead..., Clean Foundation, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Nov 27 17:40:04 EST 2023

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

CLIMATE ADAPTATION & MITIGATION
https://GoodWork.ca/Climate
https://GoodWork.ca/972596

Job Title: Community Climate Lead
Location: Flexible, Nova Scotia

Reports to: Senior Manager of Programs
Number of Positions: 3
Hours: 35 per week (full-time, term position)

Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000
Anticipated Start Date: January 2024
Also hiring: Climate Policy & Planning | Climate Change – Mitigation

About Clean Foundation:

Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We’re here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world. Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca

Equity Hiring

Clean is committed to Employment Equity. Our goals are to offer our employees a living wage and to be inclusive of a diverse workforce that is reflected at all job levels. We welcome candidates from diverse equity groups to apply and encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter or resume. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.

Position Summary

Help communities improve their capacity to respond to climate change! Clean is looking for Climate Leads to work within a team of adaptation and mitigation experts. In this role you’ll help develop and deliver the Community Climate Capacity initiative with up to 15 communities across the Province of Nova Scotia.

As a Climate Lead, you will work directly with partner communities to build their internal capacity for climate action. You will plan and implement approaches to climate adaptation and mitigation at a community scale and serve as the designated Climate Lead for up to three communities in Nova Scotia. You will support funding applications, community outreach and engagement, guide local level climate work, and visit communities around the province that are making a difference through the initiatives you support. This role is highly innovative and collaborative, working alongside the Community Climate Capacity team at Clean, as well as our many host communities and partner organizations. You are an enthusiastic, creative, and motivated leader who can work effectively with colleagues across disciplines to implement meaningful local climate change action.

Responsibilities

As a Climate Lead, you will:
• Work directly with up to three communities to support the implementation of their climate change work.
• Support customized work planning for Community Climate Capacity communities.
• Research adaptation, mitigation and community planning strategies aligned with your communities’ priorities.
• Participate in community outreach events including formal presentations, and meetings with community interest groups.
• Create and manage workplans related to community-based project implementation. This includes managing multiple priorities, adhering to timelines, and program deliverables.
• Identify funding sources and support your partner organizations/communities through the development of applications.
• Represent Clean at various stakeholder and partner engagements.
• Prepare quarterly reports for each of your CCC communities.

Qualifications
• Graduate of a university or community college diploma program in sustainability, environmental sciences or studies, public policy, urban planning, energy, or equivalent.
• 1- 2 years of experience in climate change and sustainability work.
• Demonstrable understanding and application of the principles of sustainability, climate change adaptation, mitigation, and community resilience. Must be familiar with climate change impacts in Nova Scotia and the existing environmental policies and regulations.
• Work related to one or more of the following fields is considered favourably and should be referenced in your cover letter or the screening questions
• extreme heat, flooding, coastal impacts, home energy efficiency, capacity building and education, community energy efficiency, clean transportation, and/or sustainable development
• Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing timelines.
• Experience delivering training workshops, stakeholder meetings, and community outreach events or presentations.
• Skilled verbal and written communicator, with experience in report writing, grant writing, and confidence in public speaking. Be a strong writer, presenter, and a clear verbal and written communicator. You should be comfortable and competent spokesperson for your communities’ program work.
• Valid Nova Scotia (or other Canadian) driver’s license.
• Successful completion of a criminal record check and driver’s abstract

Working Conditions:

The Climate Lead will work in a hybrid environment spending some time in-office at one of Clean’s Nova Scotia offices as well as remotely. Travel will be required within Nova Scotia, as on-site attendance in partner communities is an expectation of the role.

Clean Benefits

The extra shine of working at Clean:

· No more emails past 5 p.m. — your off-work time is YOUR time.
· RRSP matching.
· We fully cover your health and dental insurance plan.
· Paid vacation and wellness days.
· Paid volunteer time off.
· You get your birthday off (if falls during a workday).
· Every day is treat day—are you team M&M’s or team Sour Keys?
· Your dog friends are welcomed.
· We offer a hybrid work environment (team dependent).

Apply Now

Apply on our website! https://cleanfoundation.applytojobs.ca/community%20climate%20capacity/26531

If you’re interested in our current position of Climate Lead with Clean, please submit your cover letter and resume. The screening questions are mandatory to the application process and will be evaluated to determine whether candidates are selected for an interview.

Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.

Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

https://GoodWork.ca/Climate
https://GoodWork.ca/972596

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/972596

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca