[CANUFNET] job opportunities in beautiful British Columbia

Ward, Greg GAWard at surrey.ca
Thu Nov 29 15:50:52 EST 2007

The City of Surrey has openings for three climbing arborists.

Bring your best to an environment that is constantly changing and always challenging.  Join a team made up of people who do more than just see a great and green future for the City of Surrey - they actively work at it.

Growth here is occurring at an enormous rate. There's never a dull moment and to ensure our commitment to exceptional municipal service we are looking to hire exceptional and talented people as:

Climber/Arborist

You are a career minded decision maker with demonstrated regulation and best practice tree climbing skills.  Physically capable and comfortable carrying out work of a heavy manual nature at extreme heights, you hold a diploma/degree in arboriculture, urban forestry, horticulture or a related field complemented by an ISA certification and a minimum of 2 years' experience.

The salary for this full-time 40-hour a week position ranges from $25.00 to $29.00 per hour with excellent fringe benefits.  You'll work with the City's Urban Forestry team managing 50,000 street trees and 15,000 park trees, focusing primarily on high quality tree pruning.

A career in municipal service is one of the best moves you'll ever make.   Our benefits, commitment to work/life balance, and opportunities for continuous learning are second to none. What's more, you'll take your place alongside a close-knit team of people who take pride in keeping the City of Parks greener than ever.

The City of Surrey is a Canadian Top 100 and Top 40 BC Employer. We will help you discover where your talents can take you.  From there, how far up you go is up to you.

To find out more, visit us at www.surreycareers.ca <http://www.surreycareers.ca>

City of Opportunity.  Progress through Diversity.

Greg Ward
Manager, Urban Forestry and Environmental Programs
City of Surrey, B.C.
604 501 5170

'Nature matters,
protect, enhance, enjoy'