[CANUFNET] Tree species rating guide - Ontario

Heather & Randy hrmiata at rogers.com
Fri Dec 7 12:11:03 EST 2007

>The Ontario ISA Chapter with many partners back in 1998/1999
>produced the "Ontario Supplement to Guide for Plant Appraisal 8th
>edition" I am not certain if it has been updated since but it gives
>you a good species rating table etc. You could try and follow up
>with the ISAO office and see what might still be available,
>http://www.isaontario.com/
   Glad you sent this message, David. I was going to; just been very
busy for a 'retired' guy. You are correct re the Ont. Supplement. It
was up-dated a few yrs. back , BUT only the costing figures, not the
Specie Ratings, they were deemed to still hold true at that time. I
know there is movement afoot to have Regions (i.e. ISA chapters,
arbour assoc's etc.) to review / re-do their ratings - or do an
initial one as some regions have never undertaken that task. The
supplement costs $14 for ISA members & $ 30 retail.

                  B E (Randy) Lidkea
                  Vice President  International Society of Arboriculture
                  205 5th Ave W
                  Owen Sound  ON  N4K 6G2