[CANUFNET] Resending post - Re: Wood Waste.

Fisher, Brian Brian.Fisher at bchydro.com
Wed Feb 20 14:18:53 EST 2008

Thanks Jeremy- I missed this. Urban Wood Recycling is being done
successfully by at least 2 companies that I know of One is in Utah and
one is in SanDiego. (furniture etc.) Karen- These company names are not
in my head, but, if you don't know them and want them drop me a line and
I will find them for you. BC has just announced some incentives to
create bio fuel generation for electricity using dead pines (Our
Mountain Pine Beetle infestation- currently close to a billion (yes
that's a "B") standing dead trees. St. Louis P & L have been using wood
waste for many years to burn in their coal fired generation plants. They
use chips etc. Claim to get the same BTUs per ton as coal. With
fluidized bed plate technology, this has some potential for "Clean"
burning - better than dumping. Regards, st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"MS Sans Serif";
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;
	mso-font-alt:"Times New Roman";
	mso-font-charset:0;
	mso-generic-font-family:roman;
	mso-font-format:other;
	mso-font-pitch:auto;
	mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Arial Narrow";
	panose-1:2 11 5 6 2 2 2 3 2 4;
	mso-font-charset:0;
	mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
	mso-font-pitch:variable;
	mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
	{font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.SpellE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-spl-e:yes;}
span.GramE
	{mso-style-name:"";
	mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
Brian Fisher B.A.
Certified Arborist - R.P.Biologist
Manager - DistributionVegetation Management
Field Operations - Distribution Services
c/o BC HYDRO 400 Madsen Road, Nanaimo, B.C. Canada, V9R 5K3
Phone: (250)-755-4722 Fax: (250) 755-4742
Brian.fisher @ bchydro.bc.ca