[CANUFNET] Boulevard Plantings

David Stevenson dcistevenson at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 16:47:12 EDT 2008

Hi Guy,

Thunder Bay's policy is to ask the resident if they would like a tree as a commitment to water the tree is also required. Only those that agree will get a tree. New mass tree plantings (which can occur on boulevard strips or municipal right of ways) tend to happen only when roads are being redeveloped.

Residents that want the city to plant a tree on the boulevard in front of their house have two options available. They can request a tree and be put on a waiting list (currently a 2-3 year wait) or they can pay part of the cost of planting the tree through the city's Tree Stewardship Program (and get one right away). (Check out www.treestewardship.com  for more details). Either way they must agree to water the tree until it is established.

Further information can be had by contacting myself or Shelley Vescio, the city forester.

Cheers,

David Stevenson, RPF
President,
Trees Thunder Bay