[CANUFNET] A note from ISA

Andy Kenney a.kenney at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 17 12:05:52 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

As you may have already heard, ISA's Conference and Events Committee has
overhauled the structure and policies related to the ISA international
conference. Many of the changes will be invisible to the average ISA member
or conference attendee, affecting mostly staff and the local conference
committee.

One of the biggest changes, however, represents an exciting new education
opportunity. Starting in Providence, Rhode Island in 2009, the Sunday
leading into conference week (July 26) will be set aside for a full day of
workshops. We plan to build a matrix of offerings including 2-hour, 4-hour,
and full-day workshops. The topics will range from hands-on climbing
workshops to diagnosis, science, and topics that appeal to all sectors of
our profession.

The reason I'm writing to you (the EGS Committees mailing list) is because
many of you might be interested in presenting one of these workshops. At
this point, we are open to all ideas. We will be accepting proposals through
our online Call-for-Presentations submission site ONLY.  Please visit
http://www.isa-arbor.com/ConferenceUpdates.aspx#2 and follow the
instructions to submit a workshop proposal, or, of course, any proposal to
present at the general conference educational sessions.  The DEADLINE is
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17.

Thanks!

Sharon

Sharon Lilly
Director of Educational Goods and Services
International Society of Arboriculture
217-355-9411 ext. 209
Fax 217-355-9516
P.O. Box 3129
Champaign, IL 61826-3129
www.isa-arbor.com
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\slilly\Application%20Data\Microsoft\S
ignatures\www.isa-arbor.com>

"Through research, technology, and education promote the professional
practice of arboriculture and foster a greater public awareness of the
benefits of trees."