[CANUFNET] Community based planning

BDoff at thunderbay.ca BDoff at thunderbay.ca
Mon Oct 20 10:23:18 EDT 2008

I’m under the notion that successful city planning requires planners to be
in-tune with their community’s true values and vision in order to
appropriately and realistically plan for the future.  In the same manner,
city foresters need to determine the heart and soul of their community
before their planning process can be truly effective.  We are presently
exploring how we can accomplish this in Thunder Bay as we develop our
urban forest master plan. How would you approach this?  What values are
essential in influencing your plan?  Would you work through a community
based steering team?  What questions would you ask?  Any insight would be
helpful!

Bradley Doff, HBScF
Tree Stewardship Program Coordinator
& Urban Forestry Technician
The City of Thunder Bay
807.625.3731 (tel)
807.625.3258 (fax)
brad at treestewardship.com

Parks Division, Victoriaville Civic Centre
111 Syndicate Avenue South
Thunder Bay ON P7E 6S4

www.treestewardship.com