[CANUFNET] Tree Bylaws and infrastructure conflicts

Sadia Butt sadiabutt.ca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:17:58 EDT 2008

Hello Guy,

Check city of Toronto and Mississauga....and to get some wisdom you must
talk to John McNeil, Forest Manager in Oakville re: obstacle and draw-backs
regarding tree-by-laws. He really is knowledgeable regarding the issues of
tree by-laws.

Toronto has a great link here to there tree by-laws.

http://www.toronto.ca/trees/bylaws_policies.htm

Mississauga was working on a street tree by-law while I was on the Urban
Forestry Technical Committee. It may not have yet gone to council. Contact
Gavin Longmuir  for that.

Here are others:

tree permit by-law
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/TREE_PERMIT.PDF

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/home?paf_gear_id=9700018&itemId=300012

parks by-law has some interesting tree related stuff
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/parks.pdf

encroachment by-law is interesting:
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/Encroachment_By_law.pdf

--