[CANUFNET] Tree Information/Management Programs Used By Municipalities

JMCNEIL at oakville.ca JMCNEIL at oakville.ca
Tue Jun 23 16:45:54 EDT 2009

Ivan:
Town of Oalkville started using CityWorks last year.......based on recommendations from several SMA users such as City of New York.
We are pleased so far.
Contact is Barry Kelly from ESRI Canada.
I would say that some customization is inevitable.
Main "useful function"?      ( we lost from our previous system) is the capability to "grow" the urban forest ( age, height, diameter) based on local algorithms so your data is kept current.
Good luck.
Ps garbage is garbage out.....avoid the "buck a tree" consultants for any inventory work.