[CANUFNET] Trees in Downtown business areas

Ian Wilson IWilson at kelowna.ca
Mon Jan 11 16:59:22 EST 2010

The most important aspects seem to be (1) species selection, (2) soil
and to a lesser extent (3) water.  Having a good quality soil with
adequate volume is particularly important.  We have used the new Silva
Cell product as well as structural soils, and it seems to be working
well so far.  It's expensive but we are looking at it as a long term
investment.

Ian Wilson

City of Kelowna