[CANUFNET] Utility Contracts

Cybulski, Cat Cat.Cybulski at york.ca
Tue Jan 19 08:44:40 EST 2010

Hi Linda,

We don't tender for strictly utility pruning, but our tree
removal/maintenance contractors are required to be certified by power
utilities to work within 10 feet of powerlines up to 50,000 volts.
There are also tree maintenance companies that specialize in utility
line clearing, but I would be cautious with these companies since their
focus is not always on what the tree is left looking like but on getting
the required clearances.

We ask for the Electrical and Utilities Safety Association (EUSA )
Safety in Line Clearing.

You could require pre-qualification of bidders for your tender.

Cat Cybulski, R.P.F.
Area Forester
Regional Municipality of York
(905) 895-1200 ext. 5275