[CANUFNET] Dangerous tree bylaw

Ian Wilson IWilson at kelowna.ca
Mon Mar 15 18:00:28 EDT 2010

Hi Kim,

City of Kelowna has a "nuisance trees and shrubs" bylaw which deals with
hazardous trees on private property that might fall on public property.
Originally the bylaw also dealt with hazard trees that might impact on
other private properties but that didn't work very well (it got the city
in the middle of fights between neighbours).  The bylaw was changed a
few years ago so it only looks at impacts to public properties.  It
doesn't mention anything about fire hazard.  This is an old bylaw and my
department is not involved in administering the bylaw so that's about
all I can tell you about it... See link below, and then click on
"Nuisance trees and shrubs bylaw"

http://www.kelowna.ca/CM/Page1329.aspx

Ian

Ian Wilson, Park Services Manager

Civic Operations

TEL 250 469-8842

FAX 250 862-3335

City of Kelowna 1359 KLO road, Kelowna, BC  V1W 3N8  kelowna.ca
<http://www.kelowna.ca>