[CANUFNET] Dangerous tree bylaw

Fisher, Brian Brian.Fisher at bchydro.com
Mon Mar 15 17:51:36 EDT 2010

I think if you look in the BC Municipal Act, you will find that you have
the right to demand that a tree on private property be removed to
protect the public. I believe the act gives you the further right to
remove the tree and charge the cost back to the property owner in their
tax package.  It's been a long time since I looked any of this up, but I
believe it was once the case.

Brian Fisher

R.P.Bio, Certified Arborist

Senior Strategic Planner - Distribution Vegetation

Strategic Asset Management

Phone: 250-755-4722

bfisher at bchydro.com

"Innovation for Changing Needs"