[CANUFNET] hybrid poplar tree hazard

Anita Schill aschill at oldscollege.ca
Wed Jun 16 17:16:03 EDT 2010

I concur. I read Plant Biomechanics by Karl J. Niklas many years ago. If I remember correctly he describes wood strength at a cellular level and at a tissue level... Periods of drought can definitely affect individual cell strength permanently and as you say, probably magnified over time.
Anita Schill, PAg
Instructor Olds College
RCA #421 (ASCA)
Certified Tree Risk Assessor # 95